The Church teaches that baptism is the sacrament of spiritual renewal (Titus 3:5). At baptism the stain of original sin is removed, and we are made into a new creation (2 Cor 5:17).
But the Church also teaches that baptism is just the beginning, and that Confirmation is needed “for the completion of baptismal grace” (CCC, 1285). Therefore, Confirmation is linked to our baptism. It binds us more perfectly to the Church by special strength of the Spirit of the Lord.
It is through the sacrament of Confirmation that the gifts we received in baptism are released in our lives. It is the sacrament of Confirmation that unleashes the power of the Holy Spirit that we received at our baptism.
PRACTICE IN THE PARISH
Confirmation is a one-year preparation course. Students are to enrolled in the month of June.
The classes are held from July to February and are a total of 24 sessions of 2 hours each.
Priest-in-Charge: Fr. Osmand D'souza
The Sacrament of Confirmation is a One-year program.
The actual Confirmation Programme for catholic students of standard eleventh resumes in June It culminates with the Sacrament of Confirmation
The candidates need to register at the Church office.
Candidates have to produce the baptism certificate during registration.
Since the sacrament of Confirmation is a sacrament of maturity and leads the individual to community service, every candidate has to compulsorily discharge twenty hours of social, community or religious service. They may choose one or more areas of service.
Some areas of community service proposed are as follows:
1. Assisting in the Christmas activities in the sector.
2. Assisting in the Feast Day Celebration in the sector: Choir/Liturgy/Backdrop/arrangements for the evening/ entertainment (games &fellowship)
3. Assisting in Children’s Day celebration.
4. Visiting the sick and house bound
5. Youth Projects (Youth week, Parent’s Day celebration, Senior Citizen’s Day)
6. Ushering/ Choir.
7. Involvement in Youth groups.
8. Involvement in the Legion of Mary youth group.
9. Visit to an orphanage, aged homes etc.
10. Helping in the Balwadis regularly.